It is with great excitement that Abroad International School (AIS) will continue to offer the Middle School Program in the 2021/2022 academic year (April 2021). Abroad International School – Osaka (AIS – Osaka) is a Candidate School* for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education that AIS – Osaka believes is important for our students.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programs: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme, or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programs, visit www.ibo.org.
The AIS Middle School Program aims to nurture internationally minded learners who show caring, respect, and compassion through their actions by providing a holistic education that allows students to develop their academic and social skills in an inquiry-based, collaborative environment.
In Grades 7-9, students go through an interdisciplinary learning experience by following the subjects and time allocations below,
- English Language and Literature – 8 periods a week
- Mathematics – 8 periods a week
- Science – 5 periods a week
- Social Studies – 5 periods a week
- Japanese Language – 5 periods a week
- Physical and Health Education – 2 periods a week
- Visual Arts/Performing Arts – 2 periods a week
- Digital Technology and Design – 4 periods a week
- Library – 1 period a week
TOTAL: – 40 PERIODS A WEEK
- Please note that the classes start at 8:20, end at 15:20.
The students will continue to enjoy After-School Clubs and interaction with the local community throughout the program.
For further inquiries, please contact Abroad International School – Osaka (06-6535-0500 or email@example.com).