Welcome to Abroad International School Sendai!
We believe most of you will be choosing your child’s first school at this time. The choice you make may have a big impact on your child’s future.
At Abroad Sendai, our aim is to provide children an environment where they develop important personal and social skills through the implementation of a well balanced curriculum and individual and small group instruction. Children are involved in various meaningful classroom activities and school events throughout the school year all conducted mainly in English.
We believe that the experience your child will get at Abroad, will give them a head start in life in this increasingly globalized world. Our collaborative staff will strive to maximize your child’s potential while caring for their individual characteristics.
In the following pages, you will find an overview of the school as well as the admissions procedure. If you have any questions at any time please do not hesitate to contact our school.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child in the near future.
1~ 5 years old
Class and Day Policy
|3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
|EARLY YEARS||Infants||Age 1||O||O||O|
18 Students per class
1st term: April ~ July
2nd term: August ~ December
3rd term: January ~ March
All Classes 09：00 － 15：00
Morning : 08：00 － 09：00 Afternoon : 15：00 － 18：00
Age of the child on April 1st of the year.
All students and parents will be interviewed before being accepted into Abroad International School Sendai.
Factors that contribute to acceptance are:
– Health and physical development
– Ability to separate from parents (for Kindergarten department)
– Social maturity
– Self-help skills
– Language ability
– Fine and gross motor skills. Being able to walk for infant class.
– Willingness to work within an English language environment and the current makeup of the class.
– For Kindergarten department, students must be able to use the toilet independently. However, we will provide support for those who need it.